Fountain College caters to international students who wish to enrol in Primary & Secondary School education from Years K to 12 in Western Australia. The school has a commitment to diversity and acceptance to people from any background and culture, and strives to provide a quality education for its students.
With its dedicated staff and excellent facilities, Fountain aims to give its students every opportunity to succeed in their chosen pathways.
Situated on the West Coast of Australia, Perth has a population of almost 2,000,000 people and enjoys a warm climate, is a safe and clean city with a growing multi-cultural outlook.
There are a multitude of activities and social opportunities to take part in, and there is access to health, education, transport and excellent personal safety. Cost of living standards are similar to other cities in Australia.
For more information about Perth, please visit the following websites:
Students from a non-English speaking background will be required to have either attained a score of 5.5 in the IELTS test or a score of 46 in the TOEFL internet based test to be eligible for admission.
Students who want to study at Fountain College must:
– provide their latest student reports (at least 12 months worth)
– have a phone or online (Skype or other equivalent) interview with an appointed Fountain College staff member
– Sit for the Fountain College entrance exam once they have arrived in Australia
Entry into any course is subject to the assessment of the school. Course credit may only be offered as outlined below.
- For students transferring from interstate up to year 10, the FOUNTAIN College does not offer course credit and entry into any course is subject to the assessment of the school.
- For students transferring from interstate in Year 11 and the beginning of Year 12, the student may receive course credit for units completed based on the assessment of the School Curriculum and Standards Authority of Western Australia.
COURSE CONTENT AND DURATION
As a private Secondary School, FOUNTAIN College offers International Students the opportunity to study from Year 7 to 12. Students studying from Year 7 to 10 will be meeting the requirements of Secondary students according to the curriculum specified by the School Curriculum and Standards Authority of Western Australia, while also receiving instruction from the newly developed National Curriculum.
Subjects and Weekly Instruction for Year 7 – 10 Students (each period is 45 minutes)
|HUMANITIES & SOCIAL SCIENCES (HASS)||4|
|RELIGION & VALUES||3|
Students studying in Year 11 and 12 will have the opportunity to qualify for the West Australian Certificate of Education (WACE), which allows for pathways into university and other tertiary pathways after completion. English and Mathematics are compulsory units in Year 11 and 12, and FOUNTAIN College offers a range of subjects from the Sciences including Physics, Biology and Chemistry and also social sciences such as Business Management, Modern History, Turkish and Arabic. Weekend supplementary classes and holiday study camps help students maximise their potential in Year 11 and 12.
Courses offered to international students are yearlong, 2 semesters with 2 terms in each semester over 52 weeks. The only mode of study available is face to face instruction at the Ferndale Campus, and students are assessed according the Curriculum standards of the School Curriculum and Standards Authority of Western Australia and ACARA. Students take part in a variety of assessment types from informal teacher observations to written assignments and projects, oral presentations and quizzes. All 7-12 students sit Semester exams at the end of the second and fourth terms, which test their course content over half of the year. Students receive four written reports each year, which are made up of the assessments that they have taken throughout the semester.
More information about Assessments can be found in the Student Handbook (link is at the bottom of the page)
FOUNTAIN COLLEGE FERNDALE CAMPUS
Situated 20 minutes from the city centre on the banks of the Canning River, Ferndale is a quiet and green neighbourhood with lots of natural vegetation surrounding the campus. Students have access to modern educational facilities with a large modern library with digital access and hard copy research facilities. The school also has a modern Computer Lab and also wireless internet access in the classrooms. All students are given network login access and are able to access the internet during recess and lunch in the Library. All classrooms are equipped Interactive Data Projectors that are actively used by teachers to provide a visual perspective to lessons.
The school also has a fully functional science lab that is used for experiments in Science lessons. The Art room and art lessons cater to students artistic faculties, with student’s work being displayed in local art shows and competitions.
The school also has a regulation size Futsal soccer field, basketball courts and an undercover area for various sporting activities.
Besides modern facilities, the school also prides itself on its Pastoral Care program. Aimed at developing social and moral faculties of its students, each class is given a Pastoral Care teacher who organises extra-curricular activities such a weekly get togethers, holiday camps, interstate and international trips for students. The Pastoral Care program aims to develop the citizenship and ethics in all students at Fountain College.
FEE REQUIREMENTS: Below is a quote for the costs associated with this course (per year). Please note that all costs are in Australian Dollars.
|(K-6)||(Year 7 to 10)||(Year 11 to 12 )|
|Tuition Fees||AUD$ 13,200 ($6,600 per semester)||AUD$ 13,200 ($6,600 per semester)||AUD$ 13,200 ($6600 per semester)|
|Enrolment Bond (refer to 1)||AUD$ 500||AUD$ 500||AUD$ 500|
|Overseas Health Cover (Refer to 2)||AUD $440||AUD $440||AUD $440|
|WACE Course Enrolment Fee (refer to footnote 3)||AUD $220 for Yr 11 and AUD $495 for Yr 12|
|Book Fees and other Levies||AUD $400||AUD $400||AUD $500|
|AUD$ 100||AUD$ 100||AUD$ 100|
|Total Fees (refer to footnote 4)|
- The Enrolment Bond is a compulsory refundable fee for all students. It is received per child to maximum of 2 children. (If family has more than 2 children maximum bond payable is $1000). This is a once of payment and is refundable when child graduates or is withdrawn from the school, providing that there is no outstanding debts.
- Students are required to provide evidence of adequate arrangements for health insurance. OSHC (INSURANCE COMPANY)is the preferred Overseas Student Health Cover provider of FOUNTAIN College. You have the right to choose your own insurance provider. Details of all Overseas Student Health Cover providers can be found at the following web-site: www.health.gov.au
- Textbook fees on the booklist may vary each year depending on the books listed. This will be given each year in November.
- Students are required to pay a minimum of %30 of the yearly tuition fee and all of the other fees when making their application. Students are required to pay for the remainder of their tuition fee by the 30th week in a 52 week course. Students will be informed of when this falls due. Tuition and other fees are subject to change based on school and institution requirements.
Fountain College does not have any relationships with education agents, applications must be made directly to the school. Overseas students can directly contact the school and apply for the course. For more information on overseas student admissions contact Fountain College International Student Coordinator on +61 8 94583555 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
School: Fountain College
CRICOS Provider Number: 03370E
CRICOS Course Code Primary Years K-6: 094089G
CRICOS Course Code Secondary Education Years 7-10: 094088J
CRICOS Course Code Senior Secondary Certificate of Education Years 11-12: 082251B
Campus: Ferndale Campus
Useful Links and Information
FOUNTAIN College is registered for international students under the ESOS framework. Information on this framework can be found at https://internationaleducation.gov.au/regulatory-information/pages/regulatoryinformation.aspx